XR650R - fitting up reversed forks...HOWTO?

2 replies to this topic
  • ultimate

Posted April 09, 2008 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image
guys, ive bougth my nice tarded XR650R i shown before.. awersome condition but the forks((
ive chaged fork oil seals TWO times - and there's no effect: oil trying to get out after a few rides.. especially from left fork.
i realised to set up an reversed fork and get it from ebay.
but have no idea which one fill fit..
should i get it from CR/CRF only? or there's possibility to get from any manufacter and it will fit? which additional items should i get too to make reversed fork fittable to XR650R? a new triple tree with huger diameter?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 09, 2008 - 10:58 PM

Posted Image
guys, ive bougth my nice tarded XR650R i shown before.. awersome condition but the forks((
ive chaged fork oil seals TWO times - and there's no effect: oil trying to get out after a few rides.. especially from left fork.
i realised to set up an reversed fork and get it from ebay.
but have no idea which one fill fit..
should i get it from CR/CRF only? or there's possibility to get from any manufacter and it will fit? which additional items should i get too to make reversed fork fittable to XR650R? a new triple tree with huger diameter?

Have you closely inspected every sq in of the fork tube? There is probably a burr that needs to be dropped with sand paper.

• ultimate

Posted April 09, 2008 - 11:23 PM

yea! we've inspected a butt on the one tube.. polished it... but no effect((

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.