GYTR Quiet Slip On Exhaust

1 reply to this topic
  • Coastie3202

Posted April 09, 2008 - 06:39 PM

I have the GYTR Quiet Slip On Exhaust on my 07 YZ 450F. If anyone else is running this exhaust, did yours come with a USFS approved spark arrestor? The Yamaha website states that this exhaust comes with the spark arrestor, but I do not have it installed on mine and my dealer is acting like a box of rocks when it comes to finding and ordering one.

The website has a replacement spark arrestor listed, but says it is for GYTR exhausts with a one piece end cap. I think the Quiet Slip On is a 2 piece.

I like the exhaust and do not want to go out and spend another $400.00 on another exhaust just to get a spark arrestor.

Signed - FRUSTRATED.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pukeballs

Posted April 09, 2008 - 08:32 PM

I have one on my 05 and it came with the spark arrestor. Maybe you should try a different dealer and see if they're selling it with the spark arrestor. If they are, you know your current dealer is giving you the run around.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.