98 WR 400 swingarm to a 99 and newer???

1 reply to this topic

Posted April 09, 2008 - 06:08 PM

I have a 98 wr 400 a few years ago I had a house fire and am now trying to put it back together. I want to put different rims on it but have heard about the 20 and 22mm spacers now could I just do a swap on the swing arm to a newer one. I would appreciate if someone could tell me this

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 89TRX350RX

Posted April 10, 2008 - 05:44 AM

I'm not sure, but I am looking into using the rear axle from a '98 with spacers and chain adjustment blocks on my '02 WR 426, as irecently picked up a spare set of rims tires, but found after that they were the older ones... I already looked into machining the hub to accept the larger brgs, but there is not enough meat left to machine... may be a possibility for you to have some work done to your "newer" hubs to accept the smaller brgs though... just another thought?!?!?

Good luck, and I'll let you know if it works for me... as it may be an option for you...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.