Does 1995 XR600 stator have enough output for baha design kit?

2 replies to this topic
  • Ryster77

Posted April 09, 2008 - 05:05 PM

I am in the beginning stages of dual sporting my 95 XR600r. I have been told this is expensive and time consuming. Has anyone else done this and is the stator going to work or am I going to need a different one. Will the XR600 make a better dual sport over the XR650L? I know it's 60lbs. lighter.

Thank you

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • asf

Posted April 09, 2008 - 05:18 PM

yes I ran the kit with a stock 1989 stator for years. The turn signals would slow down a little but if you use LED signals there is no issue. The new BD kit has an LED tail lamp so that is even less draw.

The 1989 stator is supposedly "unreliable" but I never had an issue either.

• FASTANDLOWAVENGER

Posted April 09, 2008 - 05:43 PM

Mines stock in my 95 but i have a nicad battery under the seat to make up for what the stator does not put out.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.