Scotts damper fror YZ 08

21 replies to this topic
  • Windseeker

Posted April 09, 2008 - 04:03 PM

Just had a reply from BTO that Scotts have "major issues with the bike" in regards of the damper fitting to 08 YZ450F and "it could take another couple of months before the 08 version appear" :thumbsup:

I have a question to those who installed 07 version to 08 bike - is it still holding strong? No probs?

• Norman

Posted April 09, 2008 - 06:01 PM

Still holding strong, no problems 1 National enduro, 3 harescrambles and a few trail rides, no problems. Scotts website shows the 08 available but I havent had a reason to check on it.

• salasmauricio

Posted April 09, 2008 - 07:40 PM

No Problem at all, 2 regional MX races, 1 hares cramble, lots of training 3 times a week for the last 3 months, still holding strong! there's no need to wait for 2008 version of it.

Posted Image

• Windseeker

Posted April 09, 2008 - 09:00 PM

Thanks guys, will be ordering 07 version tomorrow...

• salasmauricio

Posted April 11, 2008 - 05:59 AM

You just need to use a longer screw to hold the bracket to the frame. a few hits to put it in place, and you're good to go. that's how I did it. good luck.

• grayracer513

Posted April 11, 2008 - 06:04 AM

Just had a reply from BTO that Scotts have "major issues with the bike" in regards of the damper fitting to 08 YZ450F ...

It occurs to me to wonder why you are asking BTO Motorsports about Scotts products when they are no more than a reseller.

Contact Scotts directly:

http://www.scottsonline.com

• balls

Posted April 13, 2008 - 12:02 AM

My kit for the 08 turned up yesterday staight from Scotts.

• IDAHOBALLER

Posted April 13, 2008 - 08:55 AM

My kit for the 08 turned up yesterday staight from Scotts.

Do you have any pics of the new style kit? I am curious what they did differently...

• balls

Posted April 13, 2008 - 10:49 PM

Try and get sum up tomorrow 4 ya, you take the nut off the top o the stering head bearing and the new tower has its own bearing and upper and lower nut,s too hold it in place. Works good.

• Norman

Posted April 14, 2008 - 06:32 PM

So does it not mount to the frame at all? I would be curious to see the new setup too, I searched the Scotts website but it doesnt show it. Right now I had to fabricate a spacer for the upper clamp of my RG3's to keep from hitting the clamp.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • intensem1rider

Posted April 15, 2008 - 08:04 AM

www.brpmoto.com has a lot of different kit's for the Scott's mounts, you may want to check them out.

• grayracer513

Posted April 15, 2008 - 08:54 AM

www.brpmoto.com has a lot of different kit's for the Scott's mounts, you may want to check them out.

BRP is a reseller, Scotts makes the stuff. If Scotts doesn't have it, BRP won't either.

• Windseeker

Posted April 15, 2008 - 02:02 PM

Scotts wont accept Amex card! Damn! And BTO wont ship the )7 model either!! Damn damn! Wrote an email to TT shop as buying a scotts damper is not a straightforward thing there... No reply yet... :thumbsup:

• MotoXT

Posted April 15, 2008 - 06:28 PM

Scotts wont accept Amex card! Damn! And BTO wont ship the )7 model either!! Damn damn! Wrote an email to TT shop as buying a scotts damper is not a straightforward thing there... No reply yet... :thumbsup:

I ordered my Scotts (low mount) from TT last week, no problems. Just give them a call.

• grayracer513

Posted April 15, 2008 - 07:17 PM

I ordered my Scotts (low mount) from TT last week, no problems. Just give them a call.

You're missing the point that he actually is in Russia.

• Windseeker

Posted April 15, 2008 - 08:04 PM

:thumbsup: thank you for noticing - actually time difference is smth like 12 hours (with he west coast) and calls are reeeally expensive :thumbsup:
But my last hope is TT now...

• 08Yamee450

Posted April 15, 2008 - 09:22 PM

Still waiting on a pic of the new 08 model!!!

• IDAHOBALLER

Posted April 16, 2008 - 05:15 AM

Still waiting on a pic of the new 08 model!!!

Me too!!!:thumbsup:

• MotoXT

Posted April 16, 2008 - 07:48 AM

Actually I'm not. Phones work in Russia and he could manage the time difference if he wanted to. I've called overseas for parts and equipment before and it's not a big deal.

• 08Yamee450

Posted April 16, 2008 - 07:50 AM

A lot of companies will not ship to Russia though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.