UK DRZ 400

1 reply to this topic
  • coldweld

Posted May 02, 2002 - 11:52 PM

Slow or what?
My brother in law has a 2002 enduro ,his brother has a 2001 ,there top road speeds are 80 mph and 70 mph .
My 2000 wr 400 is about 20\25 mph faster and also out accelerates them both ,
Apart from electric start or a yellow fettish why buy one .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chaindrive

Posted May 03, 2002 - 03:25 AM

This is probably a more appropriate post to make these comments about my DR650SE; and you are SO right!

posted May 02, 2002 07:51 PM
Hey BFLee, I have your princess' twin sister. Must be the ugly twin, though it has only one scratch, I can't find her a good home...
What DO you do with orphaned Suzi Q's? Suzuki should recall them for falsely advertising and disguising them as "dual sport". I know the DR400 is supposed to be for real, but I'll never buy another Suzi Q just because they screwed me once, and that is too often.

I geared it WAY down: I still get nervous at the 100mph mark as the big front fender starts para-sailing the front wheel! Torque is a joke: with an engine 13 times smaller, my kid kicks my butt. Handlebars are useless: on the easiest track they have NO effect at all when you encounter such tricky situations as a gentle corner...It's really embarrassing when QUAD riders comment how heavy it is when they stop to lift it off you...

I still can't sell it! You think it's my sales pitch? Are you interested in a CHEAP,typical factory dual sport, Mr. AMA-if-you-can't-do-it-on-this-you-should-find-a-different-sport-Royce Woods?

[ May 03, 2002: Message edited by: Chaindrive ]

[ May 03, 2002: Message edited by: Chaindrive ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.