1st ride 08 YZ-450F, Shifting Q

4 replies to this topic
  • Pappy141

Posted April 09, 2008 - 09:44 AM

I'm coming off of a 07 450 Honda and just rode my 08 Yamaha on a jump infested MX track last Sunday. I went to the Yamaha primarily because of the superior suspension and linear powerband. Compared to the red machine the Yamaha's shifting was kinda "notchy", I missed my share of shifts that's for sure. Does this get better as the bike's trans breaks in? Any suggestions to improve this other than break-in.

• WB450

Posted April 09, 2008 - 09:58 AM

I felt better shifting with my 07 when I changed to Amsoil. JMO.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 09, 2008 - 11:05 AM

It is characteristic, and it does get better.

• todds924

Posted April 09, 2008 - 09:24 PM

I'm coming off of a 07 450 Honda and just rode my 08 Yamaha on a jump infested MX track last Sunday. I went to the Yamaha primarily because of the superior suspension and linear powerband. Compared to the red machine the Yamaha's shifting was kinda "notchy", I missed my share of shifts that's for sure. Does this get better as the bike's trans breaks in? Any suggestions to improve this other than break-in.

My 08 was the same way when it was new. It has about 40 hours on it now and the shifting is very good.

• Pappy141

Posted April 10, 2008 - 09:36 AM

Thanks guys!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.