Best Enduro 450+, Honda, Yamaha or KTM?

3 replies to this topic
  • Alabama_Rider

Posted November 11, 2002 - 08:36 PM

Due to a lower back injury, I cannot ride my ATK more than about 30 minutes, too much bouncing hurts the back. I can ride the XR650L all day on tough trails, but it is not competitive in a tight Enduro because of its size and weight. I am looking for a bike to ride SERA Enduros. I like the Engine feel of the XR650, which has plenty of steady, reliable power. I need a bike with a little more weight than the ATK to ride through, rather than jump or bounce over, those ruts and holes. I am looking at the KTM450 or 520, as well as YZF\WR450 and CRF450. I think the KTM520 would resemble the power of my XR650 and am leaning in that direction, but am looking close at the YZF\WR450. Please comment?

• Richard56

Posted November 11, 2002 - 09:29 PM

Think Blue brother... :) :D :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450

Posted November 12, 2002 - 12:04 AM

For the type of riding you do cross the YZ and CRF off your list as they are hardcore MotoX Machines.

and Wait for the WR and test it before you go falling around in the Pumpkin Patch.
:D :D Ride Blue :D :)

• Dodger

Posted November 12, 2002 - 06:19 AM

Sorry, got to throw this in. If you really want the shiznit of enduro bikes, check out the TM line. Now your talking a "works" bike right off the floor. Aside from that, you can't go wrong with any of the bikes you've listed............

Late

Dodger :D :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.