HELP!!! XR600 smoke from exterior cyl.

5 replies to this topic
  • trickedride

Posted April 08, 2008 - 04:28 PM

86 XR600 i just rebuilt everything... new trans. new piston/rings, cyl. bored, new gaskets after a few months and alot of cash i finished putting it back together and now it seems like its overheating.....after 60sec of riding white smoke starts comming from the outside of the cyl head. :thumbsup: i shut it off and saw smoke comming out of the oil resi. too. Never smoked before i took her apart... the smoke will continue to come off the head untill she cools down.... the gaskets were new but cheaper, not honda thanks everyone

• martinfan30

Posted April 08, 2008 - 04:32 PM

86 XR600 i just rebuilt everything... new trans. new piston/rings, cyl. bored, new gaskets after a few months and alot of cash i finished putting it back together and now it seems like its overheating.....after 60sec of riding white smoke starts comming from the outside of the cyl head. :thumbsup: i shut it off and saw smoke comming out of the oil resi. too. Never smoked before i took her apart... the smoke will continue to come off the head untill she cools down.... the gaskets were new but cheaper, not honda thanks everyone

Thats kind of normal after an engine O/H. Consider the spilled oil, new gaskets, etc... It should go away soon.

• butcharin

Posted April 08, 2008 - 05:22 PM

I agree with martinfan30, it is just any spilled oil burning off and should go away. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • resurrection

Posted April 08, 2008 - 05:43 PM

There may well be and I hope oil in cyl,from assembly and debree carbon buning inside the pipe as well.
You will also consume some oil until rings seat.

• resurrection

Posted April 08, 2008 - 05:50 PM

PS
Are there any O rings in the top end for oil passage ?

• trickedride

Posted April 09, 2008 - 12:52 PM

all the o-rings are in place....i guess ill keep on riding and see what happens...the engine sounds fine just smokin....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.