flatslide install

10 replies to this topic
  • wicked600jockey

Posted April 08, 2008 - 10:11 AM

any tips or suggestions on installing my mikuni. Its probably as easy as the removal but any tricks would help. Its pre jetted and set up by xrsonly. thanks

• martinfan30

Posted April 08, 2008 - 10:19 AM

Is there any specific issue you are having? Installing my FCR41 pumper was a breeze on my L. Except the "Pre Jetted" thing. It had a 170 main and barely ran!

BTW, welcome to TT!

• Denn10

Posted April 08, 2008 - 10:41 AM

WELCOME TO TT BROTHER!!!! Since Martin didnt welcome ya!

Just for kicks what jetting did they set the carb up with for ya??? Did you get cables with it also? I was scoping some carbs yesterday myself, im on a mission now...HMMM

• RipperFox

Posted April 08, 2008 - 10:59 AM

Martin, How much of an improvement is that FCR over the stock. Just got my bike(L) and I am pretty much displeased with how it runs. I am told that is not uncommon switching from 2 stroke 4 wheeler to a 4 stroke, smogulated stragulated CV carb...But I got it, so I must now improve it. What am I looking at for cost, total, to switch.

• martinfan30

Posted April 08, 2008 - 12:38 PM

Martin, How much of an improvement is that FCR over the stock. Just got my bike(L) and I am pretty much displeased with how it runs. I am told that is not uncommon switching from 2 stroke 4 wheeler to a 4 stroke, smogulated stragulated CV carb...But I got it, so I must now improve it. What am I looking at for cost, total, to switch.

My FCR41 is a slant, non-choke model. I have never even needed a choke with 158/55 jetting and a pumper. Starts instantly when cold(below 25 deg. F). The biggest increase was throttle response, almost INSTANT. I am pleased with it and the Hotcam.

Cost was 500 bucks. I went with the FCR because I found it seemed to have the most tuneability over Mikuni and Edelbrock. Not from experience, just alot of reading.

Fit was PERFECT! From SUDCO, it comes with new cables and millions of leak jets(which I have never had to change).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted April 08, 2008 - 01:24 PM

have you dont any of the daves mods yet? JD jet kit? any change in jetting? Desmog? Uncork? this will all make a big difference if you havent already. If you havent done this stuff then you may wanna do the easy mods before you decide if you need a FCR

• wicked600jockey

Posted April 08, 2008 - 02:53 PM

gas sat in the carb for a year and it wont run run right I checked everything from the tank down and figured if the keihn wasnt the problem I would have made a nice improvement for only 240 bucks... the bike ran perfect before it was improperly stored.

• wicked600jockey

Posted April 08, 2008 - 02:56 PM

oh yeah the xrsonly guy said he would set it up for spring in NH he didnt seem talkative about it over the phone, it does come with throttle, throttle cables and a set of jets for a pretty decent price.

• rmhrc630

Posted April 08, 2008 - 03:05 PM

My FCR41 is a slant, non-choke model. I have never even needed a choke with 158/55 jetting and a pumper. Starts instantly when cold(below 25 deg. F). The biggest increase was throttle response, almost INSTANT. I am pleased with it and the Hotcam.

Cost was 500 bucks. I went with the FCR because I found it seemed to have the most tuneability over Mikuni and Edelbrock. Not from experience, just alot of reading.

Fit was PERFECT! From SUDCO, it comes with new cables and millions of leak jets(which I have never had to change).

Martin

What jetting are you running in your FCR?

As you know I run an FCRMX41 and have been using a 185.

Would this be too high? Like waay too high?

Motor is stock HRC628 with open airbox and staintune.

• martinfan30

Posted April 08, 2008 - 03:32 PM

Martin

What jetting are you running in your FCR?

As you know I run an FCRMX41 and have been using a 185.

Would this be too high? Like waay too high?

Motor is stock HRC628 with open airbox and staintune.

158/55. 4700 ft. ele. I am not sure(I think the are)if the jets are the same between the two different FCR's. That jetting would not fly in my bike! Waaaay too rich. With a hotcam, my jetting is still spot on. Even when I went down to 2700 ft over the weekend.

• Srad600

Posted April 08, 2008 - 07:20 PM

oh yeah the xrsonly guy said he would set it up for spring in NH he didnt seem talkative about it over the phone, it does come with throttle, throttle cables and a set of jets for a pretty decent price.

I just finished this, and getting the carb/cables on is super easy (i won't talk about the jetting :thumbsup: ). The cables only fit into specific slots on the carb so thats a no brainer. Theres a trick about tying a string to the old cable, pulling it out, then tying that string to the new cable and pulling that through...this makes sure you get the routing correct. Other than that it's really straight forward.

Good luck man. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.