Scotts Damper / Triple Clamp / Panoram

2 replies to this topic
  • omnivortex

Posted May 02, 2002 - 02:39 PM

I just picked up the damper kit from Scotts. Triple clamp, pro tapers, and damper.

Havent brought it home from work yet, but it looks like I may have a problem with my Panoram getting it mounted with the billet mount. Can I just use the stock bar mount bolts?

Thanks,

Josh

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TeamScream

Posted May 02, 2002 - 07:53 PM

My Motard pics link
Click this link above and youll see the exact setup on my bike.
It mounts perfect. HOWEVER, i did get some longer button head stainless bolts for the panoram bracket where it bolts to the top clamp, I didnt feel the reach of the bolts provided in the Scotts kit was adequate and did not want to strip the bolts or risk having the bars end up in my lap, plus the button head bolt is a little more sano looking.

• Flamed1

Posted May 03, 2002 - 06:34 AM

Omni,
I had the same challenge and solved it by purchasing longer bolts to guarantee enough threads into the tripleclamp. Very easy fix.
Keep Roostin'
Brian

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.