modding my 450F

7 replies to this topic
  • wartsnuff

Posted April 08, 2008 - 07:56 AM

Hey guys,

i have been reading all the sticky's about mods and such

i would like more power. i already called the dealership saying it was a little tammer than i thought it would be...

anyhow, these mods i have noticed are mostly on 05,06 models.

with my bike being a 08 should i be concered with doing any of these mods.

cheers
Warts

• maxtherat

Posted April 08, 2008 - 08:26 AM

Motorwise it is basicall the same bike as the previous years. Make the changes, you will not regret it.

• maxtherat

Posted April 08, 2008 - 08:54 AM

I read on your previous post that you plan to do the throttle stop and exhaust. Removing the grey wire is how you make the bike run properly with the expanded throttle range. Next is jetting. These bikes are lean from the beginning and if you see your header glowing while riding at night then that is a sure sign.

• KennyMc

Posted April 08, 2008 - 09:00 AM

Hey guys,

i have been reading all the sticky's about mods and such

i would like more power. i already called the dealership saying it was a little tammer than i thought it would be...

anyhow, these mods i have noticed are mostly on 05,06 models.

with my bike being a 08 should i be concered with doing any of these mods.

cheers
Warts

If you haven't removed the throttle stop, the bike runs like a 125 TTR.:thumbsup:

The 07 and 08 bikes are similar so review those mods.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted April 08, 2008 - 09:55 AM

The same free mods apply to all 450's, with slight changes, i.e. grey wire location...SC

• wartsnuff

Posted April 08, 2008 - 01:02 PM

Thanks Guys,

yea the bike need more power in its current setup.

the throttle stop and a couple of other things are on the todo list asap :thumbsup:

thanks guys

cheers
Warts

• thewatt

Posted April 09, 2008 - 08:06 AM

hi guys,

my buddy has an 2004 wr450. i have been searching tt but cannot find the thread that explains the throttle stop, gray wire, gyt-r insert and airbox. "how to" is what i am looking for.

if you have a link to see how to do those mods it would be much appreciated.

i found the jetting mod but i would like to do all of it at one time.

• wartsnuff

Posted April 09, 2008 - 08:20 AM

I read on your previous post that you plan to do the throttle stop and exhaust. Removing the grey wire is how you make the bike run properly with the expanded throttle range. Next is jetting. These bikes are lean from the beginning and if you see your header glowing while riding at night then that is a sure sign.

BTW riding last night in maybe +5 C conditions my pipe was cherry red...

i guess i need to richen it up.

the bike is only 4 days old... can i take it back to the dealership ? and make them richen it up?

or do i need to get off my lazy azz and do it myself? ?

cheers
Warts

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.