more pavement pics..

6 replies to this topic
  • gbalias

Posted April 07, 2008 - 10:35 PM

i was worried about my clutch but it held up just fine. i guess it needed a lil breaking in. :thumbsup:

im not complaining, she held up pretty good.

#21, me

Posted Image

yep, wheres waldo/21? and the first half of the grid doesnt even fit in the frame.. a lil mishap in the heat caused my main event start to be at the back of the pack. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

passed like 6 people on this outside line.. :confused:
Posted Image

had the rhythm section dialed in and made up a lot of ground on it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

huuuuge starting grid
Posted Image

Posted Image

the whoops were gnarly...
Posted Image

• 02YZFkid

Posted April 08, 2008 - 07:42 AM

That looks like a blast! Does the bike react very differently in the air because of the moto wheel/tire set up?

• 06crf_er

Posted April 08, 2008 - 07:46 AM

The dude behind you in the last pic is a BIG GUY!!! Awesome pictures man...looks like a whole hell of a lot of fun:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gbalias

Posted April 08, 2008 - 10:59 AM

it reacts slightly different. the smaller diameter doesnt give you the full gyro effect as much but the jumps arent nearly as big as an MX track.

and yea...the big boy....he just went a lap down in that pic. but heck, at least he was out there! its so much fun.

• MacJammer

Posted April 08, 2008 - 05:04 PM

How much money to get your bike ready for supermoto.

• Slinkyman16

Posted April 08, 2008 - 06:40 PM

looks like a blast..

• gbalias

Posted April 09, 2008 - 10:01 AM

mac, it depends. im a lil crafty so i built my own wheels, machined my own caliper bracket and retrofitted a rotor from one of my other bikes, etc. so it was pretty inexpensive for me. id say if you were wanting to find a new set-up, youd probably spend in the $1500-$2000 range to get you goin. of course, used parts are usually available for less. then theres the running cost of $300 tires ,blah blah. thats not including suspension work and all that, but you can be competitive and have fun with just making adjustments to the stock suspension.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.