Electrical Issues 05 wr450

5 replies to this topic
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted April 07, 2008 - 09:51 PM

I think I am having an electrical problem of some kind. I have a fully 'charged battery, however, when I try to start my bike, it doesn't do anything.

The LED is not lit on the switch to turn the ingition ciruits on.

I don't have any sort of diagram on the existing electrical system. Does anyone know where to start?

• clark4131

Posted April 07, 2008 - 10:52 PM

Is it dual sported? If so, that's where I'd be suspicious. Even if it isn't, go from simple to complex, i.e. kill switch, neutral switch, fuses, shorts, regulator/rectifier, stator, in that order...SC

• William1

Posted April 08, 2008 - 02:13 AM

Did you check the fuse (I know, obvious but....)?

D/L a FSM here:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted April 08, 2008 - 04:59 AM

Yep.... its dual sported. But I have the TrickDualSport kit on. Its wired in directly to the battery. But it works just fine.

I guess I will start with trying to get the LED to come on. That would be the basics.

Posted April 08, 2008 - 05:57 AM

Sounds like the fuse is blown or the switch is bad. There must be power to the CDI box to get the led to light.

• face_plant

Posted April 08, 2008 - 10:42 AM

dont hack it yet
push the putton(on)
kick start it
see if the light comes on
if it does tighten the leads on the fuse box under the seat
if that dont work its your starter relay (fuse block)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.