Mud flap thing

8 replies to this topic
  • Pooley

Posted November 11, 2002 - 05:21 PM

Anyone have an extra mud flap thing that came with the bikes that you dont need or would like to trade for a few $$'s? I seem to have lost mine and would like to put it back on. I always find myself in very dirty conditions and every little bit of help for my air filter is welcome.

Thanks,

Tom

• StreetMoto

Posted November 11, 2002 - 07:08 PM

Acerbis has them for $12 bucks and they will ship it to your door no charge.

-- Acerbis web site --

• Snapper

Posted November 12, 2002 - 12:16 PM

don't worry about your air filter - one stone ship on the chrome of the rear shock and the $'s are big.

I have used a piece of oil bottle in an emergency after ripping my flap off with a paddle, other thing you can do is a bit of 100 mile an hour tape (race tape) around the spring.

• blue_beast_wins

Posted November 12, 2002 - 12:23 PM

I think he may be refering to the peice of rubber that goes at the front of the air box.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Snapper

Posted November 12, 2002 - 02:43 PM

I think you may be right - looks like I fell for the old "wrong flap" trick.

cheers

• blue_beast_wins

Posted November 12, 2002 - 02:49 PM

Long as there flaps i recon. :)

Hey your not the sapper on the eatmydirt forum are ya??

• Snapper

Posted November 12, 2002 - 02:58 PM

Yeh that would be me - "Snapper02" as Snapper seemed to come to grief and stopped working. Also Feral on DBW where it wouldn't accept Snapper as name - not sure which handle I prefer.

cheers

• blue_beast_wins

Posted November 12, 2002 - 03:05 PM

Cool, guess you've seen my name around then??

• Pooley

Posted November 15, 2002 - 11:35 AM

Thanks guys, looks like I'll call Acerbis.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.