many questions!!!

2 replies to this topic
  • honda0071

Posted April 07, 2008 - 03:32 PM

After How many rides should i change my oil? how many hours of riding? Whats the best bark busters or hand guards for best price? Should i jet my bike after i put the pipe on? i have a full fmf titanium 4 on a 98' yz400f... What jet kit should i get?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted April 07, 2008 - 04:00 PM

I use a rule of thumb like 1 hour = 60~100 miles of wear and tear and change the oil every '1,000' miles or less. But I am a woods rider. On a mx track, I would be at every '500' miles or less.

Best stuff like busters/guards is amtter of preference and money. Often, cheap stuff is simply cheap stuff and may not do the job.

Best jet kit is a James Dean. also get either a Kientech or Kouba fuel screw from him too. And yes, a full, open pipe needs jetting adjustments.

• honda0071

Posted April 07, 2008 - 04:18 PM

im just lookin for best hand guards or bark busters for reasonable price i dont mind paying a good price if they are good quality. and what about zip ty fuel screw? are the ones u stated better?

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.