GYTR or Other

3 replies to this topic
  • Coastie3202

Posted April 07, 2008 - 03:13 PM

I'm torn. I just picked up my 07 YZ 450F. It came with the GYTR Quiet Muffler and the GYTR stainless head pipe w/resonant design. The bike belonged to the owner of the dealer and he put lots of aftermarket stuff on to show off the products. The pipe sounds and performs great, but is rated for closed course only, with no spark arrester. I am going to convert my YZ for the woods and need to have a forest service approved pipe.

Should I try to fabricate a screen for the GYTR and hope that I can humor the green suited dudes, or should I just sell the GYTR and get a rated system on the bike? I was thinking about the FMF Q pipe.

Anyone have any recommendations?

• grayracer513

Posted April 07, 2008 - 03:36 PM

You're probably safest in buying a commercially available, stamped USFS solution. of some sort. This may be an add-in, or a complete pipe. Relying on the rangers to approve your home-made solution is fraught with risks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted April 07, 2008 - 03:57 PM

+2 On GrayRacers comment. Last thing you want to do is load up, drive a distance and be told you cannot ride because it is not "USFS" approved.

• hillclimbguy

Posted April 07, 2008 - 07:55 PM

GYTR makes parts for that muffler. The owner should be able to get those parts for you. I have the same muffler. The end comes off and I can put in the screen and quiet core.
I also have the stock muffler with PMB sparky end. I cant tell the difference in the way they run.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.