Jetting question/introduction

1 reply to this topic
  • Littlefoot

Posted May 02, 2002 - 09:52 PM

This forum is great. I'm addicted, spent several nights searching, reading till 2 am. Just came off 1/4 midget racing with my Son. We had forums, but they turned into b**ch sessions and many perfomance enhancements became political secrets.
I'm a recent owner of a '99 WR400, haven't ridin it too much. This bike loves to flood. Typical Yamaha, rich from the factory just like their sleds. I will be ordering the assorted parts for de-octopusing, re-jetting and doing the APJ,(Taffy), mod.

Taffy and JD I'm in Michigan, USA, 0-500 ft., humid, cold winters, hot summers. Would either of your jetting specs. be a good baseline to start?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted May 02, 2002 - 11:29 AM

if you've the snorkel fitted i can thoroughly recommend my jetting copied.

when you deoctopuss. do the blocking and the pipes etc but don't copy the jetting.

nobody yet has had a problem with the figures below. we can cure 'em when they do mind ya! but nothing yet.

everyone has done winter jetting so far to my specs. according to most the jetting will go down in the spring so if you don't rich is safe right?

also check out "help i'm a new guy"

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.