not scientific

4 replies to this topic
  • MTshirt

Posted April 07, 2008 - 09:24 AM

With my 06 I was using Rotella oil. I had to split the case after it was about a year old. Everything had a black coating on it. I just split the case of my 07 that is about the same age as the 06 was. It has lived on Amsoil. No black residue on anything. I am sure there are other factors involved, but makes me feel good about Amsoil.

• angrybob

Posted April 07, 2008 - 12:01 PM

What was your oil change interval on each and what kind of riding do you do?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted April 07, 2008 - 12:07 PM

I am not a fan of cheap car oil........in 4stroke Yamis that need oil changed every 3-5hrs of use. Some swear by Rotella, and most are Honda owners. I never have used it and never will. Amsoil is my preference for long term reliability and no sooty buildup. :thumbsup:

• MTshirt

Posted April 07, 2008 - 12:14 PM

What was your oil change interval on each and what kind of riding do you do?

My sons bikes. B rider, MX only. Change the oil after every 2nd ride day.

• todds924

Posted April 07, 2008 - 08:47 PM

I am not a fan of cheap car oil........in 4stroke Yamis that need oil changed every 3-5hrs of use. Some swear by Rotella, and most are Honda owners. I never have used it and never will. Amsoil is my preference for long term reliability and no sooty buildup. :thumbsup:

+1!!! Here we go again. Another cheap car oil thread. Its to the point where i say just let um run the damn stuff. You or i wouldn't because we know better.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.