daves mods for xl600r?

2 replies to this topic
  • scotttco62

Posted April 07, 2008 - 05:48 AM

OK..so daves wonder mods worked awesomely on my 94 xr650l..hats off to ya Dave..BUT..how about my 86 xl600r? Id love to ditch all that smog crap and some how make the startability easier also...if possible. Do any of the xrl mods work on the xls with their twin carbs? If not are there any mods known for these old beasts?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted April 07, 2008 - 08:19 AM

The non-CV carbs don't need the slide drilling, but anything street-legal might benefit from a jetting tweak.

The twin-carb models can be difficult to set-up, so just a cleaning might be the thing to do if it seems to run well.

• Motosprtman

Posted April 07, 2008 - 09:58 AM

Dynojet makes a stage one carb kit for it, new needles, e-clips and main jets, I also replaced my stock 62 pilot with a 65 pilot. I installed on mine and a FMF powercore pipe, runs strong, pulls just as hard as my 650, starts are ok, idling vastly improved no cough and die syndrome. The FMF pipe is for a XR600R but bolts up, need to rework your sidecover a bit and add some spacers to the band clamp on the silencer end.

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.