Subframe for rear fender on XR650R appears to be bent

5 replies to this topic
  • michaelschorpp

Posted April 06, 2008 - 05:48 PM

Hi There,

I purchased a 2000 XR650R 6 months ago and noticed that the rear fender was tweaked to one side, as if the subframe was bent. The XR650R FAQ makes mention of this, and states it can be fixed with a 5 ft crowbar. Is there a recommended technique?

• dylanr

Posted April 06, 2008 - 06:01 PM

I think they come bent from the factory, i used a big pipe, but its still not quite right.
Good Luck

• Billahjack

Posted April 06, 2008 - 07:04 PM

You have to jump it and crash land just right with the rear left side of the bike landing first to get it straight. Of course, you will need a new fender after you complete this process.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scalejockey

Posted April 06, 2008 - 08:21 PM

It's kinda a 650r thing,As you look at it from the rear it's a little to the left.Yes?And the tire has made some black marks above the pipe on the fender,Yes? Now for the fix.. loosen the three mount points and the silencer then push it to the right and tighten down.I will most likely do it again but it's good for now.Really..

I call it "personality" of a bike.

• cb60130

Posted April 06, 2008 - 10:05 PM

I've loosened my sub frame and tried the pry bar method no avail.... just learned to live with it. I believe someone called it "Side Mileage" So that's what I call it!!!

• XR4DEZ

Posted April 07, 2008 - 09:35 AM

It'll just creep back to looking bent in a few rides. When the center of the fender is over the side of the tire, then it's bent.

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.