Need some help with a kick stand... take a look at the pics

1 reply to this topic
  • greg426f

Posted April 06, 2008 - 03:34 PM

I bought a 2001 wr426... it came with this kick stand but the guy i bought it from said something broke off and obviously needs a new spring... can any one tell me where i can get a spring for this thing and if anything is broken off of it? Maybe measurements for a new spring if i can just pick one up at a hardware store or something... i am trying to avoid having to spend 100 bucks on a new one... any help is greatly appreciated!! if any other pics will help just let me know... thanks for looking

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted April 06, 2008 - 03:47 PM

The post on the bracket used to have a head on it like the one on the kickstand. That's what retains the spring. I got rid of my stocker long ago for a Pro Moto Billet model so I can't measure the spring for you. What you could do is either have a weld shop build up a head on the top of that post, or cut the post off, drill and tap a hole there, and then thread a bolt ito it to hold the spring. Then go to the local hardware store and find a really freakin stout spring to hold the kickstand up.

Or you could order the following parts from your dealer or the TT store...

bracket, side stand 5GS-21458-50-00 $43.49
spring, tension 90506-35473-00 (no price listed)
link, kick stand 5GS-27315-50-00 $2.60

Or, by the time you spent 55-560 bucks on OEM, you could spend a bit more on a trail tech unit that folds up out of the way better

Or, watch e-bay...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.