Anyone Running JD Red 3rd clip?

3 replies to this topic
  • Idaho450

Posted April 06, 2008 - 10:59 AM

It looks like most everyone runs the JD red in the 4th position. I was just curious if anyone has tried the 3rd clip and how that affected power/mileage.

I'm riding 2,500-5,500 ft.

• dl19

Posted April 06, 2008 - 09:05 PM

I am and going to move it to the fourth. Running JD stock Main size with red in 3rd. Mileage sucks 25mpg!!! I run from 600'-6000', but mainly in the 2000 range. Will run lean down low for better mileage.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted April 07, 2008 - 11:54 AM

I am and going to move it to the fourth. Running JD stock Main size with red in 3rd. Mileage sucks 25mpg!!!

You are counting from the top, right? Fourth from top means raising the needle one notch from your current setting which would make the mixture richer. This should make your mileage worse, not better.

• Idaho450

Posted April 07, 2008 - 04:53 PM

I agree..going to the 4th clip will raise the needle and let more fuel flow.

My mileage isn't great in the 4th clip so I'm trying to see if anyone has tried the third clip, which should be a little leaner. From the responses I'm guessing not many have tried it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.