GRAY WIRE JUST PULLED

1 reply to this topic
  • SPECIAL_K

Posted May 01, 2002 - 08:07 PM

I JUST BOUGHT A 2002 WR426 LAST WEEK AND PULLED THE GRAY WIRE LAST NIGHT. THIS WEEKEND I'VE GOT A RIDE FROM THE SOUTH RIM OF THE GRAND CANYON BACK TO PHX., ALL OFFROAD.(ABOUT 350 MILES) ANYWAY MY QUESTION IS DO I NEED TO CHANGE THE JETTING AFTER THIS MOD OR WILL THE STOCK JETTING DO? I DON'T KNOW A WHOLE LOT ABOUT THE JETTING STUFF. I RODE IT AROUND MY BLOCK AND IT SEEMED FINE. NO REAL IMPROVEMENT THAT I COULD TELL. BUT BEING UP A LITTLE HIGHER IN ELEVATION I DON'T WANT TO BE STUCK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FOREST 80 MILES FROM THE CLOSEST PAVED ROAD DO TO MY NEW BIKE BREAKING DOWN ON ME OR JUST NOT RUNNING RIGHT. I DO RIDE IT HIGHER IN THE RPM'S SO I HOPE I CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS MOD. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
PS. THIS FORUM IS THE MAIN REASON I SWITCHED FROM AN XR600 TO A WR426. THE XR CROWD SEEMED A LITTLE BOREING AND BUMMED ALL THE TIME THAT THEIR BIKES ARE DISAPPOINTING. AND THEY SHOULD BE!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCalWR426

Posted May 01, 2002 - 09:10 PM

Pulling your grey wire should not affect your jetting your bike will now rev like it's suposed too. Now when you pull off your airfilter cover and uncork/change your exhaust you will have to re-jet as you will be too lean. If you go YZ timing, that's when you release the hounds! BTW, you did not menton if you cut/replaced the throttle stop. This is a must or you will only have 3/4 throttle!!

SoCal

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.