How to make XR600 street legal

6 replies to this topic
  • Ryster77

Posted April 05, 2008 - 08:10 PM

With the price of fuel I am wanting to make my 1995 XR600 a dual sport. What kind of lighting kit do I need and how much should I expect to spend? I live in Washington State and am thinking about making it happen in Idaho where title can be turned into a on off road and then back to Wash.

Thank you

• BackinAction

Posted April 05, 2008 - 08:16 PM

I can't really speak to what kind of lighting kit you might be able to get, but make sure to check your state's requirements before you make the effort. I don't know a thing about Washington, and very little about Idaho, but some states (Arizona for example), don't even require a lighting kit. My '97 is legal with a headlight, tail/brake light, mirror, and a horn. Of course, every state is different, and even if you don't need 'em, you may want a full dual sport kit for safety reasons.

• Ch47_pilot

Posted April 06, 2008 - 12:07 AM

Does your state require turn signals? If not you're looking at a huge difference in price, If you don't mind using arm signals. Other than the turn signals, the rest is really easy and rather cheap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AEmedic

Posted April 06, 2008 - 06:08 AM

I bought a kit at Procycle, but they also sell the parts that you need piece by piece so you can just get what you want and the price is as good as it gets.
I am in the middle of the conversion on my XR650R and it's pretty easy, just a little bit of fabrication.

• AEmedic

Posted April 06, 2008 - 06:10 AM

http://www.procycle....skits/dskit.htm

• Frank ZX

Posted April 06, 2008 - 06:53 AM

A kit is between $250.00 and about $$500.00.As AEmedic said,procycle has the best prices.Or you can fab everything yourself,it does take alot more time and it's best to be mechanically inclined,and have the tools to do the work.The kits come with instructions,and I would think it would be real easy.
I have heard that BajaDesigns kits are the best quality,that means more expensive.

• creeky

Posted April 06, 2008 - 12:37 PM

I have had three XRs with Baja Designs kits, they are 1st class quality. I have also kitted two XRs with the Procycle components, no problems and less expensive.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.