yz400 stator question

15 replies to this topic
  • frankllynn

Posted April 05, 2008 - 07:12 PM

Does anyone make a high output stator for the 98 yz400. I have found a 50 watt stator at rmstator.com and thats all. I have looked at ricky stator and baja designs. No luck there.

• Fabwiz

Posted April 05, 2008 - 08:34 PM

I dont know if the 426 startor is the same but there is a guy on Ebay selling rewinds with light wiring for about $129

• frankllynn

Posted April 05, 2008 - 08:36 PM

you have link or know the seller id.. Do you know the wattage? Thanks

• Fabwiz

Posted April 05, 2008 - 08:58 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

ee if this link will work, if not do a search on yz426f and you should be able to find it, acjracing is the guys user name on Ebay. Good luck

• frankllynn

Posted April 05, 2008 - 09:29 PM

Has anyone rewound these there self? Is it hard to do?

• Fabwiz

Posted April 05, 2008 - 09:33 PM

I have heard its a real pain to rewind stators. I talked to an electrical wiz we use for doing our starters and alts where I work, he said it a hard thing to do and get correct. I guess you have to know how much to wind on and then get everthing to fit back into the bike correctly. Don, the electrical wiz, said it takes a lot of labor time to do.

• frankllynn

Posted April 05, 2008 - 09:41 PM

Thanks for the help. I may call baja designs for a rewind

• Fabwiz

Posted April 05, 2008 - 09:43 PM

No problem

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • frankllynn

Posted April 06, 2008 - 05:37 AM

Anyone seen a kit for my bike with headlight wireing harness and stator. That would be nice.

• fundgh

Posted April 07, 2008 - 11:49 AM

Doesn't a WR stator solve your problem? I have a plated YZ400f and it has a WR stator in it.

• Fabwiz

Posted April 07, 2008 - 05:52 PM

I think you have to run the heavier WR flywheel with that stator though.

• Qwik Gixxer

Posted April 07, 2008 - 08:54 PM

I have a Moose Stator on my 98YZ and it seems to be working great. Baja Designs may do a complete kit.

• frankllynn

Posted April 08, 2008 - 03:14 AM

Someone told me a wr stator would not fit. Does anyone know what the wattage on the wr is. I was going to get a fww anyways. I would like to run a 55w bulb.

• fundgh

Posted April 08, 2008 - 02:04 PM

I have a 99 YZ400F, and it has a WR flywheel/stator. I don't know the exact output, but I am running a headlight/taillight/blinkers/Horn. I didn't do the conversion, so I don't know what all was involved, but the previous owner swapped the two back and forth depending on what type of riding/racing he was doing. He claims that the WR setup gets significantly better gas mileage as well. I don't know what the stock YZ mileage was, but I seem to get close to 40 miles per gallon with the Street setup.

• frankllynn

Posted April 08, 2008 - 05:50 PM

Could someone tell me how to wire it if I were to get the wr flywheel and stator.
I would also have to get a voltage regulator and I like the UFO lights. I guess I would also get an on off high low switch. Anyone have a diagram or know the wire color codes.

• Fabwiz

Posted April 08, 2008 - 08:06 PM

Check out this site, maybe they have a manual that will show a wiring diagram for a WR http://www.yamaha-mo....ce/manuals.jsp

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.