YZF rear shock on a YZ 250?

5 replies to this topic
  • jwaseman

Posted April 05, 2008 - 05:25 PM

Not too sure about this, would a 06 yzf rear shock mount up to a 06 yz 250?
I read the post a few notches down, it appeared they might be the same.
Any help is appreciated!

jwaseman

• shockdoc

Posted April 05, 2008 - 05:48 PM

Should be no problem.

doc

• MRW

Posted April 05, 2008 - 05:49 PM

Do what "Shockdoc" says(in another post) and measure the overall length or "eye to eye" measurement to check. I would swap springs on the shocks unless you are around 200lb. The bike will be more balanced with the stock fork springs.

Remember on the average 1mm of shock travel equals 3mm of swing arm travel. So say, if the shock is 5mm longer than stock, you will end up with 15mm more travel. Or a bike that is 15mm taller which will defiantly effect handling. Just some things to think about.

But yes, it bolts right up:ride: and yes the forks or just the fork springs are swappable too:thumbsup: Don`t ya love ebay:busted:

• jwaseman

Posted April 06, 2008 - 02:46 AM

Thank you for the answer doc and MRW!
Oh, MRW you got me on the ebay thing.:thumbsup:
I wanted a spare but the spring is waaaay too stiff, 6.4 kg.
I weigh 165 pounds. So, anybody want to trade for the stock
spring?:thumbsup:

Thank you guys,

jwaseman

• shockdoc

Posted April 06, 2008 - 07:40 AM

I think I have a few stock springs laying around. Don't need to trade for other springs but will give a good price if you want to PM me.

doc

• HONDA65

Posted April 06, 2008 - 08:37 AM

Just for what ever its worth, the valving is a bit different between the 2 shocks. I believe the valving is a bit softer on the 250F. Probably not enough to get one's panties in a bunch, but just an FYI.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.