Fremont - April ride - chime in

76 replies to this topic
  • Coolidge

Posted April 09, 2008 - 02:38 PM

:thumbsup:

• Agent2

Posted April 09, 2008 - 07:56 PM

Jeez, the inside of Denns trailer is really nice. And look - above the bed is some sort of strap thingy, just what I need to pull myself out of bed with my back and all. I mean, that's what you use that thing for right??? If only I would have known...

• Thumpage

Posted April 11, 2008 - 12:28 PM

Jeez, the inside of Denns trailer is really nice. And look - above the bed is some sort of strap thingy, just what I need to pull myself out of bed with my back and all. I mean, that's what you use that thing for right??? If only I would have known...

Hilarious!

It did look like you needed Denns queen sized bed with the get-up strap. I have to hand it to you for coming out and riding in that condition. :thumbsup:

• Thumpage

Posted April 11, 2008 - 12:41 PM

I could offer you a big long hug if that interest you at all as a thank you?????

Posted Image

Maybe a little lick on the ear too??

Actually, Bruce and Denn hugged! Bruce looked a little startled at first, having Denn the tiger wrap his arms around him as he was getting ready to leave and saying goodbye. For a split second I thought Bruce was getting ready to swing,..then he just gave into Denns charm and affection and hugged him back. :thumbsup: It was a Kodak moment.

Bruce then hi-tailed it out of camp like a bat out of hell!

Denn was beaming for the rest of the day....

• Thumpage

Posted April 11, 2008 - 01:24 PM

Splooge I gotta say I really admire how well your raising your boy and he really looks up to you, I think one of the smartest things my dad did when I was young was keeping my busy. BTW Tony told me the story of the crash, seems everybody in your family are troopers. I especially amazed that the pictures came out. Good kid, I only wish my girls were troopers like him.

Alex

The words regarding Splooge and Tony were eloquently spoken. Kudos to Splooge for being the dad he is. Tony is a great kid.

• martinfan30

Posted April 11, 2008 - 01:47 PM

The words regarding Splooge and Tony were eloquently spoken. Kudos to Splooge for being the dad he is. Tony is a great kid.

I agree 100 percent.
Tony is a very well spoken, and polite young man.
:thumbsup: John!

• Coolidge

Posted April 11, 2008 - 02:08 PM

+1 ^^^^^ Great Kid. Props to you both :thumbsup:

• Thumpage

Posted April 11, 2008 - 02:09 PM

To DunlopC - AKA "The Canadian"

Listen buddy, despite a few harsh sounding words in a couple of these past posts, we thought you were a cool & friendly guy. I think what struck peculiar and what caused an underlying beef with some of us, was the sort of Canadian Flag waving with that chair. Did you see the pic of us with OUR nations flag?
After all, you do now live HERE in the U.S.A. and work in OUR, U.S. Navy!
I would not suggest you necessarily find an Amercan flag chair to rest your A$$ on, to show your patriotism to our nation, (like your Canadian flag chair) but I would recommend thinking about where you are now, what you are doing here and recognizing a sort of etiquete in sharing your "roots".
With that said, you were welcomed and we had a good time talking with you the night you joined us. We did like talking to you about our Navy's technology and the story you told about the wolverine & bear. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sploogemonkey

Posted April 11, 2008 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for the compliments about Tony. He's a good kid, and believe me, I'm grateful for it.

After listening to Bruce at the campfire talk about how he raises his sons, I see that we share the same parenting technique.

My dad didn't spend much time doing things with me growing up, so I make efforts to include Tony in all my hobbies (riding, shooting, camping, drinking.... koolaid, that is :ride: ).

I really appreciate the fact that all you guys were so cool with Tony :thumbsup: :thumbsup: He came away from this trip with a lot of great memories. Thanks again for keepin' an eye on him when I got that flat and had to go back to camp.

It's gonna be a long six months 'til the next ride.:confused:

• Thumpage

Posted April 11, 2008 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for the compliments about Tony. He's a good kid, and believe me, I'm grateful for it.

After listening to Bruce at the campfire talk about how he raises his sons, I see that we share the same parenting technique.

My dad didn't spend much time doing things with me growing up, so I make efforts to include Tony in all my hobbies (riding, shooting, camping, drinking.... koolaid, that is :cheers: ).

I really appreciate the fact that all you guys were so cool with Tony :ride: :thumbsup: He came away from this trip with a lot of great memories. Thanks again for keepin' an eye on him when I got that flat and had to go back to camp.

It's gonna be a long six months 'til the next ride.:banana:

"drinking.... koolaid" :ride: :D

I am sure I can speak for everyone by saying 'It was our pleasure'. :thumbsup: :confused: It was cool seeing him having a good time. :D

6 months,..oh man.....

• martinfan30

Posted April 11, 2008 - 11:27 PM

I'm sure it will blow by just like this last trip did. Time seems to mean nothing anymore... Tomorrow it'll be here again, and gone...

Damn, I need some sleep!:thumbsup:

• Agent2

Posted April 12, 2008 - 04:24 AM

It's gonna be a long six months 'til the next ride.:thumbsup:

I'm planning on heading out next weekend, so if any of you guys want to ride....

Ditto on all the remarks. Like has been said, a good bunch of guys showed up, we definately have to do it again.

• martinfan30

Posted April 12, 2008 - 07:34 AM

:thumbsup:
On the avatar!!!:confused:

I'd love to just drive down after work, get there at midnight and ride saturday....:thumbsup:

• Agent2

Posted April 12, 2008 - 11:47 AM

I'd love to just drive down after work, get there at midnight and ride saturday....:thumbsup:

Come on down buddy, I will bring some extra fried chicken, fritos and beer so you don't have to hassle with any of that BBQing equipment.

• Agent2

Posted April 15, 2008 - 09:15 AM

OK Rich, it looks like we can wrap this one up, might as well unsticky this bad boy so it can drift off into oblivion.
It was fun, we will do it again.
When you guys get a chance, don't forget to send me the photo's that you have.

• Gassyphil

Posted August 10, 2008 - 11:34 AM

So is this Pig Fest thing going to happen again or what? :)

• martinfan30

Posted August 10, 2008 - 01:36 PM

It should. I am not sure if I can make it or not yet... Start a new job with the city on the 25th. Probation may be 6 or 12 months. Not sure.

The rest of you swine fellas should hook it up though.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.