WR400F Street Legal

5 replies to this topic
  • Richard56

Posted November 10, 2002 - 11:39 PM

I have a question that is bothering me for quite sometime. When I travelling at , say, 60miles/hour, sometimes the headlight goes off and my blinkers don't work at that rpm. But sometimes it doesn't happen... why??? :) :D

• blue_beast_wins

Posted November 10, 2002 - 11:52 PM

My brother had a similar problem, only with his head light, a wire had rubbed through somewhere. happy hunting.

• GPS Dual Sport

Posted November 11, 2002 - 06:18 AM

Remove the gas tank and check for a yellow wire coming from the flywheel cover. This is the output of the lighting coil and the connector under the tank tends to corrode then cook itself to death. My 98 WR had this problem and the connector turned into a lump of non conducting carbon.
Itermittant electrical problems are the worst things to troubleshoot. Good Luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted November 13, 2002 - 05:14 AM

I have been having the same problem.
I'll have to check that wire.
Death night if it turns out to be somthing else let me know.I'll do the same if I find somthing.

• Richard56

Posted November 15, 2002 - 05:19 AM

No wire burn.... weird.......But I did found out that if the headlight goes off, just give a few tap on a little black bow with 4/5 pins. The light will come on again :) :D Weird right ?

• Bamster

Posted November 17, 2002 - 03:56 AM

I disconnected my headlight ,figured I never use it anyways. Everything worked great. Not sure if it's because
there is less electrical draw on the system or the connector is shorting.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.