Number Plate

3 replies to this topic
  • mmbasa

Posted November 10, 2002 - 08:23 PM

Anyone change the headlight/numberplate to a YZ style one? What did you use to secure it on? I'm putting on a One Idustries plate and the bottom sits fine in the 2 holes, and I'm flush against the top clamps. I used the strap around the bars and I tried getting a longer screw to go into the top clamp but it wasn't quite long enough. I want to find a longer screw with possible a threaded spacer but Home Depot didn't have what I was looking for so I need to try something else. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

• Bill

Posted November 11, 2002 - 01:23 AM

I used a piece of plumbers tape (metal strapping with a hole about every 1/2"). I bent it on a ~45 degree axis, to a 90 degree bend, painted it black and used it for three years.

Bill

PS don't forget the YZ spacer and seal to replace the odo drive, at the wheel.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • z4me

Posted November 11, 2002 - 02:00 AM

I used a zip-tie

• mmbasa

Posted November 11, 2002 - 05:41 AM

I'll probably go zip tie till I can find something alittle more permenant. Bill do you have any pics of that. I used a rubber cap to cover the odo hole. 20 cents at the Depot, fit real good.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.