kxf wheels on a 01 426?

3 replies to this topic
  • BRYANS01

Posted April 04, 2008 - 06:52 PM

is there any way these could fit on my 01 yz426?

• grayracer513

Posted April 04, 2008 - 07:47 PM

Send a PM to wheeldude. He may know.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wheeldude

Posted April 05, 2008 - 06:42 AM

Bryan, the front should fit no problem with the right spacers.
The rear is going to be another story. The KXF uses 25mm bearings in the rear hub, while the YZ uses 22mm. That could be corrected with custom spacers that slide in the bearing to reduce to 22mm.
You will need to measure the distance between the rear hub sprocket and rotor flanges, and check to make sure the rotors are the same diameter, as yor YZ rotors will not fit KXF hubs (6 bolt vs 4 bolt). If the flange to flange measurement is the same, and rotors are the same diameter, make spacers and use them. If the flange to flange is way off, you will not be able to get the rotor to line up in the rear caliper . Take a few quick measurements, and you will know what to do. WD

• BRYANS01

Posted April 05, 2008 - 06:58 AM

thanks for the help sounds like i should just spend the extra 150 and get the ones for my bike.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.