yz 426 vs crf450r

4 replies to this topic
  • schultz1919

Posted April 04, 2008 - 04:49 PM

dont be bias cause i m on the yamaha forum which one is better in all aspects

• Qwik Gixxer

Posted April 04, 2008 - 04:52 PM

450 will make more power but you need to upgrade the valves.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • skipperlantz

Posted April 04, 2008 - 04:58 PM

What year? I had a 2000 426 and a 2002 crf. The Yamaha had all the power and turned far better. The stability of the Honda was better in my opinion. More comfortable in a straight line over bumpy terrain. The durability of the Yamaha was far better. I rebuilt the top end and vavles on my honda twice. The yamaha seemed bulletproof. Just my 2cents.

• Justin89

Posted April 04, 2008 - 05:30 PM

The honda

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted April 04, 2008 - 05:43 PM

What year? I had a 2000 426 and a 2002 crf. The Yamaha had all the power and turned far better. The stability of the Honda was better in my opinion. More comfortable in a straight line over bumpy terrain. The durability of the Yamaha was far better. I rebuilt the top end and vavles on my honda twice. The yamaha seemed bulletproof. Just my 2cents.

Good points, well said. I own a 2000 426 and have ridden several 2002 Crf's. I thought the Honda turned much better and had better suspension. I felt the Yamaha had better power and was much more stable at high speeds on rough terrain. Can't speak for reliability on the Honda but my 2000 Yamaha has simply been rock solid.

Either way if I was in the market for a used bike I was look for something newer...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.