How-to trip meter reset?

3 replies to this topic
  • mikesbaron

Posted April 04, 2008 - 04:22 PM

For the first time I got my "new" XR650R running. SWEEET. Now along with my oil question (see oil level post), I need to figure out the trip meter.

I figured if pull the knob out to the left I can scroll backwards, all the way to zero. Man that seems lke a stupid way to reset the trip meter. Please tell me there's an easier way!

And should I lock tite the knob to make sure it doesn't fall out as well?

• Memnok

Posted April 04, 2008 - 07:28 PM

You can roll it back with a knob? My arm is killing me from turning the tire backwards! :prof:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jdubb75

Posted April 05, 2008 - 09:10 AM

For the first time I got my "new" XR650R running. SWEEET. Now along with my oil question (see oil level post), I need to figure out the trip meter.

I figured if pull the knob out to the left I can scroll backwards, all the way to zero. Man that seems lke a stupid way to reset the trip meter. Please tell me there's an easier way!

And should I lock tite the knob to make sure it doesn't fall out as well?

Sorry, I can't help on the trip meter. Mine came off by the time it clicked 20 miles and a Vapor went in it's place. I was just wondering what "trick" your pig likes to get it fired up since you were having troubles before.

• XR250rdr

Posted April 05, 2008 - 03:57 PM

Pull the knob and rotate until it reaches the desired mileage. Push the knob back when you're done.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.