Borrego rack on an XR650L

5 replies to this topic
  • tobinbakner

Posted April 04, 2008 - 11:48 AM

Does anyone have any pictures of a Turbo City Borrego rack mounted on an XR650L? I'm trying to decide on a rack for my L but I'm having trouble finding information on this one.

Thanks

Tobin

• MD3C

Posted May 16, 2008 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for the input again.
I've just ordered the Borrego rack.
News at 11 :thumbsup:
M

• BeeDub

Posted May 16, 2008 - 12:37 PM

First off, my bike was used in the pictures on turbocity.com, and my bike was used to prototype several other parts for the bike, so I've met Tom at Turbo City and am impressed with his operation. He is most interested in creating a quality product, and appreciates any feedback to better the product if there is a way. I have been running the Borrego on my bike for the past couple months and like it a lot. It was specially designed for the Cortech/Tourmaster sport tailbag, and fits it perfectly. The way the rack is made will also sport pretty much any tailbag you choose. As we know, the XRL subframe is not the greatest, so you should keep the weight up there reasonable. I have had my bike fully loaded with camping gear and clothes, etc. on the Turbo City Sequoia rack, which I also own, and rode through the desert (whoops, etc.) and haven't had a problem.

I don't have any good pictures to post, but will try to remember to do so. There are pictures on the website as well...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • voodooridr

Posted May 16, 2008 - 12:42 PM

BeeDub, was there any need to relocate the tail light for the Borrego rack like mentioned here? http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=645566
Seems to be lots of Borrego threads bouncing around

Dan

• BeeDub

Posted May 16, 2008 - 12:48 PM

BeeDub, was there any need to relocate the tail light for the Borrego rack like mentioned here? http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=645566
Seems to be lots of Borrego threads bouncing around

Dan

Thanks, I fixed my post in the other thread, no need to move the blinkers or tail light for the Borrego rack. Only need to move the blinkers to the rack for the larger racks he sells.

• BeeDub

Posted May 16, 2008 - 12:51 PM

MartinFan, can you somehow merge these two Borrego rack threads? Thanks if you can, thanks for trying if you can't!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.