Blowing fuses?

4 replies to this topic

Posted April 04, 2008 - 07:32 AM

I have a 08 wr 450! We just did the jetting on it and, pulled the carb all the way out. Now everything is put back in the bike when, you try to E start it, it will kick over for a second and, then die. Every time you try to E start then, it blows the #10 fuse under the seat. I have tried kick starting it and, no luck! Any one else have this problem?:prof:

• matt4x4

Posted April 04, 2008 - 11:39 AM

Did you happen to catch a wire on something - pinch it maybe - I'd be doing a complete thorough inspection of the entire area you had apart and worked on, it's got to be something in that area - follow each wire to it's next termination - fuses only blow if there's too much draw on a circuit, and a short is about the only thing that makes sense here if it ran fine before pulling the carb and the carb is all you touched.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matt James

Posted April 04, 2008 - 07:55 PM

I had this problem on my wr450 07 when I did all the mods. My problem was that I completely removed the sub frame and unplugged all the connectors.
If I remember right, there are two 6 wire plugs that will plug into each other.
In other words check the wire colors to make sure you are connecting the correct male to female connectors. Good luck I know it is frustrating.

Posted April 04, 2008 - 08:15 PM

Got it dialed! We just mixed up the connectors by the side plate and, she fires right up and, rips!:prof:

Posted April 04, 2008 - 08:27 PM

Just got her dialed for the race this weekend!Posted Image

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.