XR400 or XR650, both $1800, your choice?

21 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 07, 2008 - 04:00 PM

Disclaimer!!! I own and love my XR650R and L models.

The 400 is an excellent bike but slightly smaller than the 650. At your height, the 650 might be more to your liking but then either bike can get higher bars etc.

But I suspect the XR400 would be better for "putt"ing around. The XR650R tends to overheat if you go too slow. Can be helped by various things but it will still get hot. Evans Coolant solved most of my problems with over heating on the XR650R... but that was only a problem when on REALLY tight trails.

If jetted right it will never overheat no matter what.
GET THE 650R OR YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED AN L7

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thorndike

Posted April 07, 2008 - 07:21 PM

I have both and wouldn't part with either. I use them for different kinds of riding. The X4 is good for tight single track and open desert. The X6 for open desert, two track and long fast trips. But I can switch and use either bike, just not as well. My 435cc XR400 will run well with any stock XR600 or XR650 until top end, where it starts working to hard and runs out of RPM's. Both bikes will fit big / tall persons

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.