Need a tall seat 07

8 replies to this topic
  • resinlips

Posted April 03, 2008 - 07:10 PM

Iv'e read all the post's about the Guts seat foam and cover but I'd like to get a complete seat ready to go. SDG doesn't list one for the 07WR but they have it for the YZF. Wont fit I'm guessin. Any other companies make a complete tall seat?

• JSanfilippo

Posted April 03, 2008 - 07:30 PM

I don't see why it shouldn't fit. They share the same rear fender mounting points, I would think the seat mounting holes would be the same.

• resinlips

Posted April 03, 2008 - 08:08 PM

Thats good to know Joe, I'll call them Friday and ask. I want to keep the stock A$$ killing bondage seat intact for when Iv'e been a bad boy.

• SXP

Posted April 03, 2008 - 08:19 PM

I don't see why it shouldn't fit. They share the same rear fender mounting points, I would think the seat mounting holes would be the same.

Sorry guys, they are not the same. The seat pan is different in that the front of the seat has a "tongue" that mounts up like the old 400/426 seats, whereas the WR seat hooks into the two "tangs" along the two top rails of the subframe. Also, the taper up front is different. Notice how the WR seat doesn't quite cover the top of the YZ shrouds when using the IMS tank (which was originally designed for the YZ). The rear mounting bolts, however, are the same.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Michigan DS

Posted April 03, 2008 - 08:23 PM

SXP is correct.
I have a SDG YZ seat in my garage as proof.
It will not work. I tried and failed.
Ended up getting the GUTS seat.
works great.

• Gary Murray

Posted April 03, 2008 - 08:38 PM

Do you need to get the tall soft for comfort or is the regular height soft O.K? I would rather not make things taller.

• JSanfilippo

Posted April 04, 2008 - 05:25 PM

Sorry guys, they are not the same. The seat pan is different in that the front of the seat has a "tongue" that mounts up like the old 400/426 seats, whereas the WR seat hooks into the two "tangs" along the two top rails of the subframe. Also, the taper up front is different. Notice how the WR seat doesn't quite cover the top of the YZ shrouds when using the IMS tank (which was originally designed for the YZ). The rear mounting bolts, however, are the same.

Thanks for the clarification SXP:thumbsup:

SDG needs to get on the ball and make a WR seat. The SDG seats I've ridden on were almost couch-like:ride:

• Idaho450

Posted April 04, 2008 - 07:32 PM

I put a tall/medium guts seat on my '07 & like it alot.

• SXP

Posted April 05, 2008 - 02:53 PM

I put a tall/medium guts seat on my '07 & like it alot.

Could you post a couple of pics? Thanks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.