Using Red clutch disks...

2 replies to this topic
  • oldmanx

Posted April 03, 2008 - 10:48 AM

I'm getting ready to purchase a Rekluse clutch for my '04 WR450. I've had it suggested to me that I should put new clutch disks in when I'm doing the install, and that I might want to look into using Honda clutch disks. Does anyone have experience with doing this on an 04 WR450? If so, do I just replace the friction disks? Or do I replace all of both the steel and friction disks? The bike has app. 1,400 mikes on it and has never given me a hint of having any clutch issues of any kind.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_NZ

Posted April 03, 2008 - 11:09 AM

I just put one in on my 06 450. Suggest you use the springs for highest engagement speed (only a couple of hundred revs higher than the default). I used my existing clutch plates which have about 90hrs on them and all seems ok.

Watch for the clutch touching the clutch cover. I installed the fat rekluse gasket and the stock one but don't know yet if it fixed the problem.

The clutch is a great asset for slow tight stuff

cheers

Mark

• oldmanx

Posted April 04, 2008 - 07:24 AM

bumpity bump

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.