new owner

5 replies to this topic
  • 426_kid

Posted April 03, 2008 - 08:18 AM

of a 1986 XR 600R... guy took it apart and didnt know how to put it back together so i got it for free. yes free. so one day later all back to gether its runnin like a champ. more pickup then i expected... lol its different though because its got all black plastics with an orange frame... so inlight of this i think its too quiet and was wondering if anyone had a exhaust laying around for it that woudl be willing to sell it. like i said its to quiet for me I guess I am to used to my yz426. lol

• cleonard

Posted April 03, 2008 - 08:43 AM

If you have the stock pipe and want more sound, just take out the baffle. It is still a compliant sparky with the baffle out. It is way too loud for the law and my tastes though.

• RipperFox

Posted April 03, 2008 - 09:26 AM

There is nothing you can do...Dont make pipes for it anymore. And all the ones they did, are broke. Send me you address and I will come get the bike and dispose of the turd for you...NO CHARGE:p

Good going finding a "barn find":worthy: Sounds like the proverbial "exwife selling off the exhusbands corvette for $100"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HeadTrauma

Posted April 03, 2008 - 09:35 AM

I'm sure there are quite a few Super Trapps still around in some form or another for those early 600s. My old man's '84 XL600 has one and it's loud! Might be because there's no packing in it....

• DGXR

Posted April 03, 2008 - 09:44 AM

I'm sure there are quite a few Super Trapps still around in some form or another for those early 600s. My old man's '84 XL600 has one and it's loud! Might be because there's no packing in it....

Yes the 4" racing series supertrapp can still be found, got mine brand new for $100 off eBay. Some TIG welding is required for the aluminum mounting brackets and you will need to have a mid-pipe made for it (between the header and 'trapp). Supertrapps are tune-able, so you can make it louder or quieter by adding or removing discs, respectively. The 'trapp on my 1984 XR500 has 10 discs and it runs perfect, nice and quiet when putting around and somewhat loud when it's opened up. Still passes the noise decibel test with flying colors. I think this is the one I have (it comes with 8 discs but I found some extras lying around my friend's garage):http://www.supertrap...temID=412-15000

• Motosprtman

Posted April 03, 2008 - 10:46 AM

FMF still makes a pipe for the XR600R the powercore IV, I just bought one for my 86 XL600R. Good sound and power is increased notably. You will have to rejet though! and Dynojet makes a stage 1 kit for it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.