06 WR450F Glowing Exhaust

7 replies to this topic
  • brewerslc

Posted April 03, 2008 - 07:37 AM

Just bought a WR450F from my buddy that had ridden it maybe an hour or two. Noticed when i was riding it last night the exhaust was cherry red so it seems to be running very lean. Also the low end bog is really noticable on this bike. Any suggestions on the exhaust and low end bogging issue?

• dizza

Posted April 03, 2008 - 07:42 AM

Did you check the exhaust for mouse nests? Happened to a friend of mine on his sled 1 year.

• TWILES

Posted April 03, 2008 - 08:54 AM

I went up to a 48 pilot and backed the fuel screw out a half a turn to 1.5 and it went away for good. I've got a 05. I've played with the fuel screw and it runs best between 1.5 and 1 3/4 turns out. I don't adjust it anymore and I've never changed the pilot jet since.

• brewerslc

Posted April 03, 2008 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for the tip. I will try changing the pilot and fuel screw.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • maxtherat

Posted April 03, 2008 - 05:41 PM

Has the exhaust system been uncorked and has the throttle stop been cut down. If so, I would recommend going richer on the needle and the main jet as well. If you noticed it glowing while you were riding then you we most likely on the part of the circuit where a needle change would make the biggest change. It's pretty common to see those things glowing after about one minute of idling but, if jetted properly, it should go away after you start moving.

• Eddie5150

Posted April 03, 2008 - 06:19 PM

Make sure that you ready the sticky at the top of the WR450 forum. 99.99% of your questions will be answered there. Thanks Clark!

(coming from a WR newbie)
eddie

• MojaveThumper

Posted April 04, 2008 - 04:43 AM

Seems your question has been answered.

Enjoy the bike. Amazing grin factor. Once you uncork this baby you will be amazed at the power it can provide.

• alarmin

Posted April 04, 2008 - 04:53 AM

There are 3 possibilities. 1. Lean 2. Lean or 3. Lean - I'm not sure which one, but I think you're Lean.:prof:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.