Thanks to you XR guys!!

19 replies to this topic
  • BBA

Posted April 02, 2008 - 06:27 PM

This thread has nothing to do with my XRR. Its running fine. This thread has to do with my problem with alot of the ADVrider members and in comparission to you guys here in the XR threads on TT. I dont know why I even go to that website (ADV) anymore. There are so many pat-their-own-back-self rightous-I know all you know nothing A-holes on that website.

I dont go to alot of motorcycle forums (actually only three). Im a member of TT, ADVrider and My2wheels.com . Im new on the My2wheels site and went to ADV when I first got involved with this Dualsporting thing but I find that here on TT is where I like to be. I like reading stuff from you crazy folks like Denn10, Martinfan, Bibleman and many more. It seems we can state our opinions, polk fun at each other and generally have a good time on here without all the political s#%t that goes on over at ADV. Now there are cool guys on that forum as well but it seems more and more if you dont agree with the masses on there and have a different opinion than theirs they get real snotty and act like little girly boys.

So what Im trying to say is thanks to all you XR riders for giving me a place to escape to after work and crazy days. Shhwwww, thanks for letting me vent! Oh and Martinfan I hope you noticed I used paragraphs eh!! Cheers

• martinfan30

Posted April 02, 2008 - 07:15 PM

This thread has nothing to do with my XRR. Its running fine. This thread has to do with my problem with alot of the ADVrider members and in comparission to you guys here in the XR threads on TT. I dont know why I even go to that website (ADV) anymore. There are so many pat-their-own-back-self rightous-I know all you know nothing A-holes on that website.

I dont go to alot of motorcycle forums (actually only three). Im a member of TT, ADVrider and My2wheels.com . Im new on the My2wheels site and went to ADV when I first got involved with this Dualsporting thing but I find that here on TT is where I like to be. I like reading stuff from you crazy folks like Denn10, Martinfan, Bibleman and many more. It seems we can state our opinions, polk fun at each other and generally have a good time on here without all the political s#%t that goes on over at ADV. Now there are cool guys on that forum as well but it seems more and more if you dont agree with the masses on there and have a different opinion than theirs they get real snotty and act like little girly boys.

So what Im trying to say is thanks to all you XR riders for giving me a place to escape to after work and crazy days. Shhwwww, thanks for letting me vent! Oh and Martinfan I hope you noticed I used paragraphs eh!! Cheers

Yeah I did! Good job.
:prof:

Your content is still nothing but useless DREK.

:bonk:

Rich.

• BBA

Posted April 03, 2008 - 03:58 AM

Your content is still nothing but useless DREK.

:prof:

Rich.

Your right Rich it is a bunch of useless garb of words. I seem to be good at making speeches about nothing. Hell I think I'll run for President LOL!!

• scalejockey

Posted April 03, 2008 - 04:13 AM

release the hounds!

• martinfan30

Posted April 03, 2008 - 05:00 AM

Your right Rich it is a bunch of useless garb of words. I seem to be good at making speeches about nothing. Hell I think I'll run for President LOL!!

:prof: :bonk:

• jonr3

Posted April 03, 2008 - 05:07 AM

Hell I think I'll run for President LOL!!

You'd get my vote! You could build a nice race track right on the White House's front lawn!

Posted Image

:prof: :bonk: :confused: ;)

• ghrati ghoti

Posted April 03, 2008 - 06:49 AM

Yeah, and when you get gas here it's a good thing.:prof:

• BBA

Posted April 03, 2008 - 04:58 PM

You'd get my vote! You could build a nice race track right on the White House's front lawn!

Posted Image

:bonk: :confused: ;) :ride:

My wife just looked around the kitchen corner to see what I was laughing so hard about. That is an Awesome pic man. And yes if I did become president I would use your layout to model the front lawn of the White House. :prof:

• Bibleman

Posted April 03, 2008 - 05:09 PM

I agree with you BBA, lots of good guys on this site.

• BBA

Posted April 03, 2008 - 06:23 PM

Yeah, and when you get gas here it's a good thing.:bonk:

Damn man Im a total idiot!! I just figured out this gas gauge thing. I know I owe some of you some good gas for help in the past so I'll make it up in the near future. Im such a "Barney" sometimes.:prof:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SniperTeamBravo

Posted April 04, 2008 - 10:31 AM

If you think ADVriders on the thumper threads are bad, try JoMamma. Most of them are friggin Asshats! It's a ton better and nicer here and on Supermotojunkie.com which is my other hang out. Since I ride this.

Posted Image

• sloughrider

Posted April 05, 2008 - 12:33 AM

i'm getting all gooey looking at that ride, sniper!

• BBA

Posted April 05, 2008 - 04:30 AM

If you think ADVriders on the thumper threads are bad, try JoMamma. Most of them are friggin Asshats! It's a ton better and nicer here and on Supermotojunkie.com which is my other hang out. Since I ride this.

Posted Image

Yeah I dropped into JoMamma a couple of times to see what it was all about and realized quickly that it was not my part of town and never posted anything. Like I said in my original post I know many cool guys on that website but it seems for every cool guy I know there are 5 A-holes that counter them. I am VERY glad I came to TT for my fix. And Sniper PLEASE do not be posting pics of your bike up here again if you mind! I do not need to see stuff like that because it makes me want to build one up like yours and Im in enough trouble with my wife because of my motorcycle projects.:prof:

• ThunderChicken

Posted April 05, 2008 - 08:08 AM

advrider is full of a bunch of posers who put hard cases on their expensive euro bikes and take photos of themselves on some power line or fire road.

i hate that site. plus i hate the word farkle. why the *** would any self-respecting motorcyclists use that stupid word?

• BBA

Posted April 05, 2008 - 12:11 PM

i hate that site. plus i hate the word farkle. why the *** would any self-respecting motorcyclists use that stupid word?

Fark if I know!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :confused: :ride:

• Suikerland

Posted April 05, 2008 - 04:30 PM

advrider is full of a bunch of posers who put hard cases on their expensive euro bikes and take photos of themselves on some power line or fire road.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Billahjack

Posted April 06, 2008 - 07:14 PM

I actually work with the "Hello Kitty" guy from ADV rider. I don't ride with him though. He has a bunch of rare bikes that don't take a beating: the funky cold cagiva, a few KTM's, an ATK, and a heavy BMW that is more of a fire road machine. I know there are about 4 more but they just sit. I don't really have much more to comment on that... :thumbsup:

I found it difficult to get the informaion I was looking for on the ADVrider site. It looked like alot of people were trying to convert a XR to do 600+ mile days on the road and dirt roads. I think I would just get a different bike if that was what I did for riding.

I do agree that this place is much more helpful.

Way to go XR crowd on TT. :thumbsup:

• XRsteve

Posted April 07, 2008 - 09:05 AM

I personally like ADVrider. TT is more of a technical, bike specific forum, so it's great if you're looking for information about your bike. ADVrider is more about going places, no matter what you ride. Yeah, there's a lot of euro-bike snobs on there, but that doesn't bother me. I like the great ride reports, like snowrider's "just another Alaska ride". Those make for some good reading.

• elrontx

Posted April 08, 2008 - 03:38 PM

i think overall it's a good site but i also hate the word ''farkle'' and on alot of the pics their all giving the middle finger. i dont find that offensive it's just corny. they got a good fourm for the northeast though.

• sploogemonkey

Posted April 08, 2008 - 04:09 PM

I'll agree with you about the guys on this site.

I've benefitted from advice from several members on this forum who have helped me figure out my XR600R and helped me choose the mods I've managed to put on it.

Had the opportunity to meet up with 10 or 12 of the Cali and Nevada boys for a weekend of fun and riding in the SoCal desert too. Class act, all of them.:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.