xr650l headlight plastic -baja designs? acerbis?

9 replies to this topic
  • fitpays

Posted April 02, 2008 - 06:24 PM

so i'm switching my 1999 XR650L from white to red. i have everything except the headlight plastic. does anyone know if this baja designs piece will work with a stock headlight? i'll probably end up calling them tomorrow to find out. meanwhile if anyone out there has a suggestion for an aftermarket replacement, i'd appreciate it. i did a search on here and didn't really find much. a used one went on ebay for a ridiculous price last week. let me know if you have a used one laying around for a reasonable price. email me directly with that to:
fitpays@yahoo.com

the baja piece is here:
Posted Image

• fitpays

Posted April 03, 2008 - 09:32 AM

i see this got a lot of views but no replies. maybe it was a stupid question on my part. if anyone else was curious about that part though, -i called about it today. it will NOT fit with the stock headlight. the dimensions are different. and after all, why shouldn't they be?!?!?!?! if they were the same, you could buy just the plastic OR just the headlight and then use your stock parts that are perfectly good. hey, i guess that is just good business, making people buy everything. the dude was really "matter of fact" on the phone with me about it though. god forbid someone call to give them only $35 worth of business.......

• fitpays

Posted April 03, 2008 - 09:37 AM

ever heard of Ron Ayers Motorsports? they have all original factory new parts at wholesale.

$69 from them if you need one....
http://www.ronayers....he.ronayers.com

• fitpays

Posted April 03, 2008 - 09:45 AM

even better $63 from THUMPERSTORE!

• Cocky Rooster

Posted April 03, 2008 - 09:57 AM

I happened to spot this one on ebay if you haven't found it yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

I will also send you an email/pm regarding one I have laying around.

-cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fitpays

Posted April 03, 2008 - 10:09 AM

thanks rooster. i saw that one already and i am sure it will go for a ridiculous amount of money. it is mint and complete with lamp assembly etc. the last on eon ebay i watched was just the plastic and it was all scratched up. it went for as much as you could buy a brand new one for. ebay has really turned into a sellers market -not to mention the insane shipping charges people want on there. i still use ebay a lot -i just don't rely on it like i used to.

• CTXr650L

Posted April 03, 2008 - 10:32 AM

the baja designs one wont work with the stock headlight, the lens is substantially diferent in size. i actually got the BD one to put on my L but havent gotten around to it yet. ill take pics when i do but now that riding season is upon us i dont think ill start ripping the bike apart, id rather ride :prof:

• Squeaky

Posted April 03, 2008 - 12:17 PM

I want to go white. If you have a white one in good shape I may want to trade. My stock '02 red one is in good shape.

• fitpays

Posted April 03, 2008 - 02:06 PM

my white one is missing a piece where it must have been laid down. otherwise, i'd give it to you.

• scalejockey

Posted April 04, 2008 - 03:59 AM

UFO makes a dot white one,but it has a cheap plastic headlight. I have one sitting in a box with some other bike junk. It was a waste of 65$ or whatever it cost at the time.I can't seem to give it away!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.