Please Help!

4 replies to this topic
  • spy

Posted May 01, 2002 - 08:20 AM

Have been stressed with jetting issues on my '98 WR400.
My current jetting settings as follows:
170 Main jet
48 Pilot jet
DVR Needle clip #1

Have no problems in acceleration except for a 'flat spot' at 1/3 - 1/2 throttle position.
Thought this throttle position was affected by the needle position so tried to richen it by 1 step down on clip #2.
First test seems more responsive, 'flat spot' felt better(abit).
Tested it again next morning, seems that moving the clip to #2 took out my top end. It hesitates and will not accelerate at 3/4 - full throttle.(too rich?).
Oh i am using a fmf header(which one i dont know) and a WR stock silencer. Thats about it.

All views welcomed.Thanks in advance. :)

[ May 01, 2002: Message edited by: spy ]

Posted May 01, 2002 - 03:11 PM

Check my settings with the FMF Powerbomb Header. Your bike is stumbling because it's too lean coming off the pilot. You will need to change the Pilot jet to a 48 and the Pilot Air Jet from the stock 75 to a 100. If you can get your hands on a EKN Needle that will provide an explosive low and mid range as well.

Bonzai :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spy

Posted May 01, 2002 - 08:43 PM

What about my 3/4-full throttle problem?
I know we dont use much of this off road but i need the top end to travel to a neighbouring country just for trails or tracks.
At clip #1 my top end is Ok. I move it down 1 step and it doesnt accelerate, just gasping for air.

• spy

Posted May 02, 2002 - 08:45 AM

Post deleted by spy

• Taffy

Posted May 02, 2002 - 09:23 PM

try a 160-162 MJ
try lifting the needle to clip 4. do the MJ first and the needle second.

the needle is poor, very poor. DRM or EMM would be better.

i can't agree with yamakaze's pilot settings. my settings were all for the euro pipe which is what i run.

check my sigiture at the bottom of this post.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.