charging while transporting

22 replies to this topic
  • WR_Dave

Posted April 04, 2008 - 06:42 AM

unfortunatly my bike is kept in a storage unit without power, thats why charging on the go would be cool. what about putting a voltage regulator/rectifier inline from the car battery? Or just a 1.5 amp fuse to regulate the consumption of the bike battery?

This method won't charge your battery either as the 1.5 amp fuse will just blow if the battery needs a charge and then you will still have a dead battery. PBDBlue has the correct method listed above. You seem to have hit the stage of dirt biking where you need spend a little more to enjoy your bike. The above method is a very reasonably priced solution that gives you good flexibility to charge the battery anywhere you like. If the battery keeps going dead it is likely time for a new more cared for battery as the old battery may be overloading the bikes charging system. My .02 -- WR Dave.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • strych9

Posted April 04, 2008 - 07:58 AM

Yeah, I was just throwing some ideas around. The bike is brand new. I dont think the battery has even gotten enough juice to hold a charge for a week. I did install a kit into it which i can now turn the headlight off during the day, Im assuming that will give it a better charge. Unfortunatly its mud season till june. they wont let us out on the trails;( I love flinging mud. Ive been jumping around trying to get this bike street legal since 8 this morning, its now noon with no progress. Aperantly I neet a state officer to sighn off on it. they cant make it easy. New hampshire has regestries. But you have to go to town hall to get a regestration. Stupid. regestries are only for license's? so ive hit regestrie,town hall, inspection station, dealer, and now i got to get a cop to go to my storage unit.( i better hide some stuff,lol) But to get back on track. thanks for the help, Ill pony up some dough for a battery tender, or stop whining and kick the S.O.B. for the first start of the day.

thanks for all the info on all the threads dave. I dont post as much as i read, and it seems like you have the answers i look 4.

• TheBlackSheep

Posted April 04, 2008 - 08:30 AM

I'm assuming there must be a reason that your bike can't go for 1 hour without having the battery charged.(?) :bonk:

Sounds like it's time for a new battery or some troubleshooting.

I would be scared that it might slip into gear after a good bump on the freeway or something. :confused:

.......... bahhh :prof:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.