kx100 rebuild (56K warning)

6 replies to this topic
  • rx3-boi

Posted April 01, 2008 - 11:48 PM

hey guys just finished rebullding my kx100 thought you guys might like to see some pics

motor spun crank bearing so rebuilt top and bottom end its around a 110cc now i think new pro circut platinum chamber and shorty pipe, new filter and clutch, rebuilt front forks, rear linkage and shock new bearings everywhere linkage, stem, wheels, front and rear calipers. new chain, slider and guide, new sticker kit, grips and seat, frame got respray, new nuts and bolts throughout. still a few bits and pieces like frame guards are on now and handlebars also i think it came along way since i bought it hope you like it

when i bought it
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
first time i took it out :prof:
Posted Image

• enduro4231

Posted April 02, 2008 - 03:45 AM

Looks good man :prof:

I like seeing more of these 2-stroke rebuild threads. Wish I had posted mine when I did it.

• dirt_momma

Posted April 02, 2008 - 01:12 PM

hey guys just finished rebullding my kx100 thought you guys might like to see some pics

motor spun crank bearing so rebuilt top and bottom end its around a 110cc now i think new pro circut platinum chamber and shorty pipe, new filter and clutch, rebuilt front forks, rear linkage and shock new bearings everywhere linkage, stem, wheels, front and rear calipers. new chain, slider and guide, new sticker kit, grips and seat, frame got respray, new nuts and bolts throughout. still a few bits and pieces like frame guards are on now and handlebars also i think it came along way since i bought it hope you like it

when i bought it
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
first time i took it out :prof:
Posted Image

what year is your bike, and where did you find graphics for it?

• rx3-boi

Posted April 02, 2008 - 01:49 PM

thanks for the comments guys

dirt momma
bike is a 2000 model. i tossed up between getting the proper graphics for it but i decided to go with 01+ graphics and am probably going to change the tank and LHS shroud. otherwise ill have to get some printed to go on the LHS tank.
98-00 doesnt have a wide selection for graphics. there have been quite a few kits on ebay lately

• dirt_momma

Posted April 02, 2008 - 01:57 PM

thanks for the comments guys

dirt momma
bike is a 2000 model. i tossed up between getting the proper graphics for it but i decided to go with 01+ graphics and am probably going to change the tank and LHS shroud. otherwise ill have to get some printed to go on the LHS tank.
98-00 doesnt have a wide selection for graphics. there have been quite a few kits on ebay lately

did you put a different tank on? the only reason i ask, is because i just picked up a 94 , and it only has the radiator shroud on the one side, like yours did originally. i would like to put a shroud on the other side too, like yours. i'm don't really want graphics, but with my bike being older and plastics are harder to find, i'm going to put some on. theres a pic of mine in the "opinions" thread. i didn't want to hijack your thread by posting my pics.

i guess my question buried in all that babble is, is that a new tank, and where did you find it?

• KDXGarage

Posted April 04, 2008 - 06:52 AM

Wow. Looks good, guys.

• MXkid714

Posted April 04, 2008 - 05:19 PM

wow nice bikes i cant wait to get my 100

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Sweet KX by nicko-31

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   Kawasaki 2-Stroke
  • Hot  39 replies
Forums
Photo

Help me locate an oil leak! kx250 by bbb222

• Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

start up after restoration by NzJohny

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Need 250 crank for 00! by raber510

• Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Easy question for KX250 gurus! by sandy450

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.