handle bar's 7/8 or 1 1/8 ?

3 replies to this topic
  • ThumperWR450F

Posted November 09, 2002 - 12:17 PM

i was curiouse..i have a wr450 on order and i am gonna get the aluminum brush guards for it and i was wondering what the stock handlebars are for the other wr's 7/8" or 1 1/8" ? i'm guessing they should all be the same. i'd go out and get a pair of new bars for it but the bike took a big bite out of my bank account as is, so stock bars are good for now. any info appreciated

• skthom2320

Posted November 09, 2002 - 12:22 PM

You better save up quick. The stockers might as well be made out of solder. They'll bend just by looking at 'em.

Stock clamps are 7/8".

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dw

Posted November 09, 2002 - 12:22 PM

The stockers are 7/8" , i replaced mine with a 1 1/8" fatbar today, and the stockers walls are really thin, its like i could bend them myself if i just held them against a wall and pushed hard. but they are indeed a good thing to have in replacement when your 1 1/8" bars goes to the bin :)

• Jekel

Posted November 09, 2002 - 01:01 PM

Stock are 7/8, like mentioned before. Then just get some Renthals, in 7/8, and everything will fit as before. i haven't had a bit of trouble with the renthal, also got the triple clamp mount for bark buster for further strength. I have tested the strength repeatedly for the last 3 years :) :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.