Suspension revalve or Stabalizer

2 replies to this topic
  • frankycottonrow

Posted April 01, 2008 - 02:02 PM

I've got an 07 450 with 10 oz flywheel weight and couple other offraod goodies. I'm looking to hook up the suspension next because I'm 225 lbs w/o gear.
First off, I don't think a stabalizer will do it all for me so I'm looking at sending the forks and rear suspension off.

Who does the best offraod (rocks) setup for the 450, I need a complete job (heavier springs, re-valve, etc..)? and would a stabilizer help in the mean-time if the price tag is too much for a complete re-working?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted April 01, 2008 - 02:09 PM

A good stabilizer will not be much less than a revalve.

Right now with your weight the stock springs are too light and in order to make up for it you are having to run your compression damping too high.

My suggestion would be to first get the correct springs for your weight so that your damping doesn't have to do so much work and you can back it off to absorb those rocks. The '06 + KYB suspension is incredibly good and you very likely may find that with the correct springs that no further modification is necessary.

• WGP

Posted April 01, 2008 - 02:43 PM

Get Both:thumbsup:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.