couple questions about yz450f

4 replies to this topic
  • sweed88

Posted April 01, 2008 - 01:32 PM

im thinking of buying a 450f. i was wondering which year i should buy. im debating between the 05 and 06. i like the 05 for the 4 speed transmission but ive heard that the 06+ with the new style frames handle much better. what are some of your opinions?also what is the best exhaust for the 450. most of my riding is motocross and small off road tracks. i want loads of mid range power with good top but don't wanna loose any bottom. also what years did the auto decompression cams come in? i can't stand the decompression lever.

• Racer808

Posted April 01, 2008 - 01:48 PM

im thinking of buying a 450f. i was wondering which year i should buy. im debating between the 05 and 06. i like the 05 for the 4 speed transmission but ive heard that the 06+ with the new style frames handle much better. what are some of your opinions?also what is the best exhaust for the 450. most of my riding is motocross and small off road tracks. i want loads of mid range power with good top but don't wanna loose any bottom. also what years did the auto decompression cams come in? i can't stand the decompression lever.

Decomp was stopped in 2003. 06 is way better then the 05. You dont need a pipe on the 2004 thru 2007 models, stock is pretty good. spend the money on a quality helmet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 01, 2008 - 02:41 PM

All YZ450's are auto decompression. The difference in handling between the steel and aluminum frame models is more than night and day, and the '06 and later stock suspension is clearly better than anything that went before it. If it's between those two years, there is no question in my mind; go with the '06.

• jrny426

Posted April 01, 2008 - 07:02 PM

Listen to Grayracer he he knows of which he speaks, its kinda like asking 04 mustang or 05? both are good but you want the 05

• Family Man

Posted April 01, 2008 - 10:31 PM

Aftermarket exhaust does make a huge improvement. I went with a White Bros aluminum Pro 2 on my 07, and would strongly recomend it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.