06 YZ450F Throttle Responce Problem

6 replies to this topic
  • jsgriffey1

Posted April 01, 2008 - 02:59 AM

I have a 06 and when I hit the throttle hard it will slightly bog before responding. If I nail the throttle when idling and hold it the bike will die. My change points where FMF4.1 slip-on and ready filters, which I thought should not cause an issue. After that this situation occurred. I tried changing the air/fuel screw but that didn't help. The current jetting is 45/165 which I think is stock. What can I do to take the bog out? I have been told to rejet to a 168.

Thanks
Jimmy
Mt Sterling KY
Elevation 974 to 1027

• Cadoewen

Posted April 01, 2008 - 03:17 AM

mine does the same thing. twist the throttle slower :prof: i think when you twist the throttle as fast as possible the accelerator pump is dumping a load of air/fuel into the engine. since your coming from idle (low rpm) this can cause a stall

• mxracer206

Posted April 01, 2008 - 03:29 AM

Go to a 48 pilot and set the fuel screw at 2 turns to start. This will make it start easier and should run better. Yau can make almost any 4-stroke bog if you sit on the stand and blip the throttle enough times or to fast but the 48 pilot will make it better. There is also a leak jet in the carb but have not had to change it on the 450.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Racer808

Posted April 01, 2008 - 03:43 AM

a 48 pilot seems a bit rich. you def wont need to choke it to start it.

• henrysdad

Posted April 01, 2008 - 03:55 AM

I have an '06 450 as well and I am at 600 ft elevation. 1st make sure your valves are in spec. Then clean out your carb,and make sure the acc.pump is functioning properly. While you are in there change the pilot one size richer.Then adjust the fuel screw. How is your top end "pull"? With a stock exhaust my bike generally likes a richer main jet also.

• Ga426owner

Posted April 01, 2008 - 04:37 AM

Welcome to the world of the Yamabog.....
there are ways to mostly rid or completely rid the bog.....here are 3 options
ZipTy Racing Carb mod
R&D Floatbowl, Powerbowl
Merge Racing Adj LJ, AC Pump spring

all of which work once your bike is jetting for optimal performance

• StPeters21

Posted April 02, 2008 - 07:50 AM

Welcome to the world of the Yamabog.....
there are ways to mostly rid or completely rid the bog.....here are 3 options
ZipTy Racing Carb mod
R&D Floatbowl, Powerbowl
Merge Racing Adj LJ, AC Pump spring

all of which work once your bike is jetting for optimal performance

What he said....Or just turn your idle up a bit and deal with it. If the idle is higher it wont bog as bad. Not the best solution, but it works :prof:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.