losing coolant and no spark

2 replies to this topic
  • jeredlee

Posted March 31, 2008 - 09:46 PM

last saturday i was out riding and while i was waiting for some of my friends to catch up my bike just died.it was dead and would not start when i took it home i checked the coolant and it was very low. i just put a whole new water pump in two rides ago because the over heated and was leaking out of the seep hole. also the bike was poping and backfiring on deceleration and the sparkplug was black and had no spark.what would cause the sparkplug to foul like that and is coolant loss like that normal,what should i check out about the coolant it is not leaking out of the motor anywere:confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rider_hunter

Posted April 02, 2008 - 03:27 AM

A bad head gasket will sometimes foul a plug but a lot of the time antifreeze will make a white crystaly residue does your bike have good compression if you have a auto decompression lever take your cover of and zip ty it so it don't work and then kick it over and if you can kick it all the way over a few times without useing decompression it's probably the head gasket also check your oil I have seen the base gasket and seal go bad and leak in the oil

• William1

Posted April 02, 2008 - 04:55 AM

+2 on a likely bad head gasket.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.